5 Fact’s About President’s Day:
- Presidents’ Day is an American holiday celebrated on the third Monday in February.
- Originally established in 1885 in recognition of President George Washington.
- It is still officially called “Washington’s Birthday” by the federal government.
- Traditionally celebrated on February 22—Washington’s actual day of birth.
- The holiday became popularly known as Presidents’ Day after it was moved as part
of 1971’s Uniform Monday Holiday Act, an attempt to create more three-day weekends
for the nation’s workers…read more