Selling your Home – Tips to get Organized!
Experts agree a neat and tidy organized home sells faster and for more than one that is cluttered and disorganized! When listing your home for sale you want potential home buyers to focus on the space and amenities, not your stuff!
When potential home buyers walk into your home and sees clutter, it gives the impression your home is dirty and not well-maintained and this is NOT the impression you want them to have! However when the home is organized it gives the impression that home is well cared for.
Preparing your home to sell can be a very exciting and challenging time but it can also be daunting if you don’t know where to begin. Any Realtor will tell you the best bang for your buck is to de-cluttering and organizing. The good news is that for the most part this can be free!
Five No-Cost Tips to help you Organize:
- Set up a staging area so that it is easy to see what you actually have. This will be where you sort through all of your items. Choose a room that has plenty of open space.
- Clear out one room at a time. Put everything in the staging area and give the empty room a thorough cleaning before putting things back.
- After you have placed everything from that one room in the staging area, divide the items into four categories keep, trash, donate and sell. For items you are looking to sell check out eBay or Craigslist. For items you are looking to donate check out Donation Town for a list of charities near you. Some will even pick up your donations for you.
(*editors note; my favorite local charity is Cause for Paws, Raleigh)
- When you see what you have decided to keep, make sure that you absolutely need everything you are keeping. Then sort items and group similar items together.
- Return items to their proper location and create zones so that similar items are stored together. Ensure that everything has a home, so that there is room for everything. Need items to keep you organized? Check out The Container Store or Target.
- 5 Tips to Sell your Home Fast (theraleighmortgageguy.com)
- Selling Your Home? How to Prepare: (via Kecia Speaks of Real Estate & Home Life) (theraleighmortgageguy.com)