When you read about any survey, you have to keep in mind that national news is VERY different from local news. The Raleigh and Triangle real estate market is certainly one of the strongest housing markets in the country.
47% of American Adults say buying a home is the best investment a family can make according to a new Rasmussen Reports national survey. This is down five percent from the previous month and the lowest level ever recorded. The lowest previous number was 51%.
New homeowners are far more inclined to believe buying a home is the best investment for a family than those who’ve purchased a house two or more years ago. This certainly makes sense if you ask anyone that bought at any peak in the market, 2008 being our last market top. To fully understand the real estate market you must consider all of the data (and the direction of movement) including but not limited to: inventory levels, pricing, and days on market to name a few. You must determine what the fair market value is for a particular area to determine whether or not a house is a good deal.
Other noteworthy takeaways from the survey…adults making over $60,000 annually are more confident in a home as the best investment for a family than those earning less than $60,000 and 52% of investors say buying a home is the best investment a family can make.
Contact the Capital City Real Estate Group for answers to all of these questions and more!
- Set up your own custom Raleigh and Triangle area home search
- View Raleigh homes for sale
- View Cary homes for sale
- View Downtown Raleigh homes and condos for sale
- View Wake Forest homes for sale
- View Raleigh area New Construction homes for sale
- View Raleigh area Country Club & Golf course homes for sale
Marc Iafrate, MBA
Capital City Real Estate Group – Keller Williams Realty
- NC has largest gain in financial jobs – moving to Raleigh? view Raleigh homes for sale (theraleighmortgageguy.com)
- Experts predict rents will rise rapidly in Raleigh (theraleighmortgageguy.com)
- Is Renting the New American Dream? (theraleighmortgageguy.com)
- Bedford at Falls River Market Statistics and Homes for Sale (theraleighmortgageguy.com)